Practicing healthy habits throughout your life is ideal, but it’s never too late to reap the benefits of taking good care of yourself, even as you get older.
Here are some healthy aging tips that are good advice at any stage of life:
- Stay physically active with regular exercise.
- Stay socially active with friends and family and within your community.
- Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet — dump the junk food in favor of fiber-rich, low-fat, and low-cholesterol eating.
- Don’t neglect yourself: Regular check-ups with your doctor, dentist, and optometrist are even more important now.
- Take all medications as directed by your doctor.
- Limit alcohol consumption and cut out smoking.
- Get the sleep that your body needs.
Finally, taking care of your physical self is vital, but it’s important that you tend to your emotional health as well.
Reap the rewards of your long life, and enjoy each and every day. Now is the time to savor good health and happiness.